This policy outlines the way we at Open Mind Education Pty Ltd (ABN 83905060162) collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT & HOW AND WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect is generally limited to:
- name and contact details;
- job information ;
- business information; and
- any communications we have.
However, we may also collect information about how you use our website, via third parties.
How do we collect your personal information?
The main way we collect information is when you give it to us, for example, via our website sign up or other forms, via phone, email, when you submit comments or feedback or via social media.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We need your personal information to:
- communicate with you in relation to your enquiry;
- send you news if you have signed up (you can unsubscribe at any time);
- conduct our business, and enable your use of our website, products and services; and
- in some cases to comply with our legal obligations, such as record keeping.
We also collect personal information to analyse and enhance our business operations and improve your experience with our business. This is used as statistical information to analyse traffic to our website, and to customise content and advertising we provide.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out. To opt-out of Google collection, you can go here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To change your Facebook ad preferences you can go here: https://www.facebook.com/adpreferences/advertisers/
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW YOU CAN ACCESS IT?
When do we disclose your personal information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification. It is kept securely and accessible only to authorised personnel. Information is kept in accordance with our legal record-keeping obligations and then destroyed appropriately. We generally will not disclose your personal information unless:
- you consent;
- it is required or authorised by law*; or
- it is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes for which we collect it.
* This can include where we are of the reasonable belief that there is a serious risk to life, health or safety of you or another person. For example, if there is evidence of the clear danger of harm to self and/or others, we may be legally required to report this information to the authorities responsible for ensuring safety. A court order could also require us to release information contained in records.
We also disclose your personal information where it is necessary to obtain third-party services, such as analytics, data storage, payment service providers or marketing and advertising services. To protect your personal information we endeavour to ensure that our third-party service providers also comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, but some third parties we use may collect, hold and process personal information overseas. You can opt-out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out.
How can you access or delete your information?
If you want access to your information to correct or have it deleted please email us at email@example.com. Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold it, we will help you. If you consider that we have breached any privacy laws please also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner phone on 1300 363 992, online at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint or post to: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001.