Uncover the stressors that are holding you back from living a life bursting with connection, meaning and joy. In this episode, Meg Durham explores modern life’s profound impact on the quality of our lives. From an oversupply of consumable content to everything happening at breakneck speed, we forget to tap into what matters.
So what’s this episode really about?
- Why the chronic stress of modern life makes us feel we can’t slow down, leading us to feel depleted and disconnected from ourselves and others.
- An understanding of why it’s so important to disconnect from the relentless demands of life and create space for reflection.
- Practical ways to slow down in a world that is speeding up.
Why you should listen
Whether you’re an educator, parent or big-hearted human, we all experience struggles that stops us from living the life we desire. As your To-Do list gets longer and time seems to pass by more quickly every day, are you giving yourself time to pause? To reflect and rest? Chances are, you are moving toward burnout, disconnection from the ones you love, and poor health if you aren’t giving yourself this time. But the good news is you can do something about it. Listen in as Meg explores four achievable and practical strategies you can apply today for better health and wellbeing.
- Take a moment to ask yourself at what pace are you going? What is your speed and intensity? How is it working for you? Is there an opportunity for you to slow down?
- Schedule time in your day for reflection – to deliberately move away from the demands of life and think about where you are and where you’re going.
- Four practical strategies to help you notice more: (1) Recharge your battery (2) Breathe at the start and end of each task – Try Dr Huberman’s physiological sigh (two quick inhales, one exhale). (3) Lights, Camera, Action. (4) Journal.
You can quote us on that…
“We become so focused on our To-Do list that we forget about our To Be list.”Meg Durham
“If we are constantly in action, we risk being in disconnection to ourselves and to others.”Meg Durham
“Growth is a beautiful dance between awareness and deliberate action.”Meg Durham
Want to learn more?
The learning doesn’t have to stop here. Get your free dose of wellbeing education in your inbox with Meg’s Thought Of The Week. Click here to subscribe.
Loved this episode?
The best way you can support The School of Wellbeing podcast is by sharing this episode with your family, friends and other big-hearted humans in your life! Click here to subscribe and share.
Like what you hear?
Please leave me a review – I love a gold star as much as the next teacher! Click here to review The School of Wellbeing Podcast.
Hi, I'm Meg!
B.Phys Ed, M. Ed (Student Wellbeing), CIPP
I’m a teacher with experience working in primary and secondary schools across Australia, and a specialist in the field of wellbeing education and coaching. I founded Open Mind Education in 2013 with a vision of sharing practical, enriching wellbeing education with staff, parents, and broader school communities.
Join me on Social Media
is just five steps away.
Download my 5-step guide to more energy
for the ultimate wellbeing action plan.