Never underestimate the power of your wardrobe. Learn what it means to amplify your identity and step forward with more confidence during this conversation with the Founder of the Australian Style Institute, Lauren Di Bartolo. In this conversation, Meg and Lauren dive deep into the psychology of fashion and what you can do to create more joy in your life… and in your wardrobe.
So what’s this episode really about?
- How our clothes can impact the way we show up in the world.
- The unhelpful stories that hold us back from cultivating confidence in our bodies.
- Why we wear 20% of our wardrobe 80% of the time, and what we can do to change that.
Why you should listen
If you struggle with feeling confident in your body or simply don’t understand the impact clothing choices can have on your wellbeing, you need to listen to this episode. Feeling like you’re in a fashion rut is a sign that it’s time to permit yourself to invest in you. First, Meg and Lauren break down the insecurities women experience today that don’t allow them to feel good in their bodies. Then, by investing in functional and sustainable fashion, with the help of a personal stylist, Meg and Lauren share just how good you can feel showing up in the world.
- Personal styling is efficient and affordable. Reach out to a personal stylist to help you build a small, functional wardrobe that makes a difference.
- Choose high-quality pieces that last, rather than fast fashion that turns into wasted money by only being worn once.
- Ask yourself why you’re not taking action to create the right wardrobe for your current lifestyle. Is it because you feel overwhelmed? Is it because you’re not giving yourself permission? Is it because you don’t have help?
You can quote us on that…
“It’s estimated that 80% of communication is unconscious. And a very large of the initial communication that we have with anyone is based on what we gather visually.”Lauren Di Bartolo
“We all know what it’s like to feel good in our shape. And we’ve all had days – for some people, it’s even months or years – where we don’t feel like we’re in a body that is familiar to us.”Lauren Di Bartolo
“We deny ourselves the opportunities to grow, to connect and to re-connect with others because we don’t feel like we have anything to wear.”Lauren Di Bartolo
Lauren Di Bartolo – Instagram
Free Energy Masterclass – Register Now
Want to learn more?
The learning doesn’t have to stop here. Get your free dose of wellbeing education in your inbox with Meg’s Thought Of The Week. Click here to subscribe.
Loved this episode?
The best way you can support The School of Wellbeing podcast is by sharing this episode with your family, friends and other big-hearted humans in your life! Click here to subscribe and share.
Like what you hear?
Please leave me a review – I love a gold star as much as the next teacher! Click here to review The School of Wellbeing Podcast.
Hi, I'm Meg!
B.Phys Ed, M. Ed (Student Wellbeing), CIPP
I’m a teacher with experience working in primary and secondary schools across Australia, and a specialist in the field of wellbeing education and coaching. I founded Open Mind Education in 2013 with a vision of sharing practical, enriching wellbeing education with staff, parents, and broader school communities.
Join me on Social Media
is just five steps away.
Download my 5-step guide to more energy
for the ultimate wellbeing action plan.